Verified practitioners on our platform have undergone a thorough screening process and have committed to adhere to the Thriving Autistic standards for neuro-affirmative practice (see below). This includes providing documentation such as their professional qualifications, proof of insurance, and membership in relevant professional bodies (where applicable).
This ensures that clients can trust that these practitioners are fully qualified, insured, and committed to providing respectful and neuro-affirmative practice. By using a verified practitioner, clients can be confident that they are working with a professional with the necessary qualifications and experience to provide quality services.
However, it is important to note that these practitioners are independent and self-employed, and any disputes or concerns should be addressed directly with the practitioner. Our organization is not responsible for resolving any disputes or concerns that may arise with the services provided. The organization is not responsible for the services provided by practitioners, and people should take responsibility for their own health and well-being when seeking services from a practitioner.
Our Commitment to Neuro-Affirmative Practice
We commit to follow to the very best of our ability these signposts of a respectful practitioner inspired by the Therapist Neurodiversity Collective International:
- We presume competence
- We offer alternative & augmentative communication methods
- We advocate for self-determination
- We advocate for inclusion
- We facilitate self-advocacy skills
- We do not support ABA practice or any methodologies that teach compliance
- We take a strengths-based approach
- We respect each client’s autonomy
- We respectfully appreciate intersectionality in both ourselves and our clients & work to unpack any privilege we may have
- We are actively anti-racist
- We are LGBTQIA+ affirmative
- We actively seek out Continual Professional Development (CPD), research and learnings from other neurodivergent adults
- We use identity-first language while respecting individual clients’ preferences